You have an assembly view in your drawing.
You want to create the section view of it and apply automatically a solid hatch to the components with specific materials.
In order to do that, please follow the steps below.
- Download SOLID.zip and extract the PAT file in a location on your machine
- In the drawing file, open the Style Editor
- Select the Hatch style for the active standard
- In the right side of the dialog, open the drop-down menu for the Pattern and click on Other…
- In the following Select Hatch Pattern dialog click on Load
- In the following Load Hatch Patterns dialog, browse to the PAT file you have downloaded and load it
- After that, the solid hatch should be in the list of the loaded pattern and selected
- Click OK for closing the dialog
- Now the Solid hatch should be the default Pattern for the active hatch style
- Set the default Pattern back to the usual one (i.e.: ANSI 31) and save the Style edits
- In the Style Editor, select the active standard and in the right side of the dialog, select the Material Hatch Pattern Defaults tab
- Add the name of the materials you want to associate to the solid hatch
- Alternatively, in the Import Materials section, you can import the materials from a part file, clicking on From Files… and selecting the part that contains the materials in the part document or from the active Material Style Library, clicking on From Style Library
- Change their hatch Pattern from the drop-down menu and set them to Solid
- Save the edits in the Style Editor
- Then, create the section view of the assembly and get the solid hatch for the components with the specified materials
You can save these settings in the Style Library if you want to get the solid hatch associated to the specific materials by default in all the new drawings you create.
In case, after doing that you get the Style Conflict message opening a drawing template, read this post for solving the problem.
Of course, these settings apply also if you create the section view of a part with one of the materials specified.