In Inventor 2013, you have a drawing where the views display, for instance, some nuts.
You export your drawing as AutoCAD DWG, but opening the resulting file in AutoCAD, some lines display incorrectly.
Our Development is working for fixing the problem in one of the next updates.
In the meantime, I hope you can find useful the following workaround.
- In Inventor, open any drawing
- Export to DWG
- In the Export to DWG dialog, click on Options
- In the following dialog, click Next
- In the next dialog (Export Destination) click on Save Configuration…
- Name the ini file and save it in a location on your machine
- Click Cancel for exit the exporting process
- Edit the ini file with Notepad
- Find the line "REPLACE SPLINE=No", change the No with Yes and save the file
Once you have created and edited as explained above the ini file, you can use it for exporting the “problematic” Inventor drawings as AutoCAD DWG.
For doing that, you need to click on Options in the Export to DWG dialog and load the configuration file you have modified in the following dialog.
Then, just click Finish and save the file.
Caveat. This change on exporting setting will impact all spline objects, replacing spline with polylines.
So, if you want to go back to the default behavior exporting “non-problematic” Inventor drawings, in the Options you can set the Default DWG Configuration or your usual configuration file.